Last night I met up with some of my friends at our work to hang out and have a drink. They got there before me so when I showed up there was only one seat open at the bar. Once I sat down I noticed that the man next to me was drawing. He had a notebook open with markers and pencils spread out and he was coloring; I'd never seen anything like this before.
We started talking and he was super open and explained it all to me. He even handed the journal right over and let me look through it. It didn't have any words or distinguishable objects, it was all scribbles, lines, curves, and colors. He told me about how it was his mental release, yoga for his brain, he called it. He didn't think, he just drew from his subconscious or whatever came to his mind and what was super interesting was that no matter which two pages you put together from whichever date, they all went together and were all similar.
It reminded me how amazing a unique people are. I'm totally guilty of burying my face in my phone when I'm sitting by myself in a public place, but last night I'm glad I actually talked to the stranger next to me rather than ignoring him for my friends. It's fun to meet new people and learn new thing or see different perspectives.



No comments :
Post a Comment